I’ve been hearing a lot of talk recently that some people think it is hard to meet people they chat with online, in the real world, or to use the correct term Face To face (f2f).
I disagree with this, providing you are yourself online and offline and make no disernable distinction between the two, if you do this may not work.
Here are some ways you can in fact get off your arse and meet people.
- Join the Social Media Mafia, it has a presence in three places currently:
- Using a social network create an event, a local event close to you and invite a handful of your online friends, if they live an extra long way away make the effort and travel an hour or so on the train, it will be worth it.
- If you do not have friends in your social network who are local, search for them, actively seek out people in your geo area and make them friends.
- When creating your event give it a theme, give it something everyone can relate to, a commonality if you will.
- Document your event with blogs and pictures turn it into a “club”
Ok, so not everyone is a doer or a leader to organise such things, but if you are not that way inclined have a look around at some of the online tools, Upcoming is a great one for starters.
Break your comfort zone, everyone is a little shy, but by being that little bit bolder you will reap dividends and make lots of new friends, I know I have.
I used to be so shy.